The Board of Pioneer Credit is committed to the highest standards of corporate governance. To this end, the Company has established a framework in line with the ASX’s Corporate Governance Principles and Recommendations, providing guidance to directors, executives and staff in the management of Pioneer’s operations.
Corporate Governance Statement
The Company is committed to implementing the highest standards of corporate governance.
This Corporate Governance Statement discloses the extent to which the Company has followed the ASX Corporate Governance Principles and Recommendations (ASC Principles).
Where the Company’s corporate governance practices follow the ASX Principles, the board has made appropriate statements reporting on the adoption of the ASX Principles.
Where the Company’s corporate governance practices have not followed the ASX Principles, the Board has provided its reasons for not following them and disclosed what, if any, alternative practices the Company has or will adopt instead.
Please use this link to download the Corporate Governance Statement – August 2018.
Audit & Risk Management Committee
The Board has an Audit and Risk Management Committee comprising:
Ms Andrea Hall (Chairperson);
Mr Michael Smith; and
Mr Mark Dutton
The role of the Audit & Risk Management Committee is to:
- Monitor and review the integrity of the financial reporting of the Company, reviewing significant financial reporting judgements;
- Review the Company’s internal financial control system and risk management framework;
- Monitor, review and report to the Board on the Company’s risk management framework including processes adopted by senior management to implement the Risk Management Policy;
- Monitor, review and oversee the performance of the internal audit function;
- Monitor, review and oversee the external audit function including matters concerning appointment and remuneration, independence and non audit services;
- Monitor and review compliance with the Company’s Risk Management Policy, Code of Conduct and Whistleblower Policy; and
- Perform such other functions as assigned by law, the Company’s Constitution or the Board.
Please use this link to download the Audit and Risk Management Committee Charter – August 2018
The Board has a Nomination Committee comprising:
Mr Michael Smith (Chairperson);
Mr Mark Dutton;
Ms Andrea Hall; and
Mr Keith John
The role of the Nomination Committee is to examine the selection and appointment practices of the Company, including strategies to address Board diversity and compliance with the Company’s Diversity Policy, although the Board retains ultimate responsibility.
Please use this link to download the Nomination Committee Charter – August 2018
The Board has a Remuneration Committee comprising:
Mr Michael Smith (Chairperson);
Mr Mark Dutton; and
Ms Andrea Hall
The function of the Remuneration Committee is to assist the Board in fulfilling its corporate governance responsibilities with respect to remuneration by reviewing and making appropriate recommendations to the Board on:-
- Remuneration packages for directors and senior executives; and
- Incentive and equity-based remuneration plans including the appropriateness of performance hurdles and total payments proposed.
Please use this link to download the Remuneration Committee Charter – August 2018
Additional documents providing an overview of Pioneer Credit’s corporate governance policies and practices: